Game 1 of the 2023 Football Season: Tigers’ Disappointing Loss
Tigers Fall Short Against Seminoles
The first game of the 2023 football season did not go as planned for the Tigers. After taking a 17-14 lead into halftime, the Seminoles came out strong in the second half, outscoring LSU 31-7 and securing a 45-24 victory.
Impressive Performance by Jordan Travis
Jordan Travis had an outstanding game, connecting with his receivers throughout the night. Keon Coleman stood out with three receiving touchdowns and 122 yards, while Johnny Wilson added 104 yards of receiving.
LSU Offense Struggles in Second Half
The LSU offense had a tough time in the second half, managing to gain just over 100 total yards. Apart from Jayden Daniels’ running, the Tigers lacked a strong ground game. They will be looking to bounce back in their next game.
Stock Report for the Tigers
Here’s the stock report for the Tigers following their loss to the Seminoles:
- Mekhi Wingo showcased his skills and was awarded the No. 18 jersey for his hard work since transferring to LSU.
- Aaron Anderson had some first-game jitters, making mistakes on special teams that cost the Tigers valuable field position.
- The transfer from Oregon State, who led the Tigers in tackles, made an immediate impact in game one with seven tackles.
- LSU struggled to convert red zone possessions into touchdowns, resulting in turnovers and missed opportunities.
- Keon Coleman and Johnny Wilson had exceptional performances, exposing weaknesses in the LSU secondary with over 100 receiving yards each.
The Tigers’ first game of the season ended in disappointment as they were unable to maintain their first-half lead against the Seminoles. However, there were standout performances and areas for improvement that the team will focus on moving forward.
Image Source: Julio Aguilar/Getty Images
Image Source: Alicia Devine/Tallahassee Democrat / USA TODAY NETWORK