Text size Adjusted second-quarter earnings from Dell Technologies
Stock futures maintain gains after U.S. jobs report
Stock futures maintained gains after the monthly U.S. jobs report for August revealed the U.S. added 187,000 jobs during the month, higher than estimates of 170,000.
Stocks poised to make moves on Friday
- Dell Technologies (DELL) earned $1.74 a share on an adjusted basis in the second quarter, beating its own forecast and Wall Street expectations.
- Broadcom (AVGO) reported third-quarter adjusted earnings higher than the previous year and better than analysts’ estimates.
- Tesla (TSLA) unveiled a revamped Model 3 with a longer range and raised the price on the electric vehicle.
- Chinese electric-vehicle makers Li Auto (LI), NIO (NIO), and XPeng (XPEV) set a monthly record for deliveries in August.
- Apple (AAPL) marked its worst month since December but has closed higher for five days in a row.
- Nutanix (NTNX) reported fiscal fourth-quarter revenue that beat analysts’ estimates and authorized the repurchase of up to $350 million in stock.
- MongoDB (MDB) reported second-quarter adjusted earnings that easily topped forecasts.
- Lululemon Athletica’s (LULU) earnings in the second quarter beat analysts’ estimates and raised fiscal-year guidance.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) announced that Rosalind Brewer would be stepping down as chief executive.
- PagerDuty (PD) reported second-quarter adjusted earnings and revenue that beat estimates but expects fiscal third-quarter revenue slightly below analysts’ forecasts.
- SentinelOne (S) reported a 46% jump in second-quarter revenue and CEO Tomer Weingarten confirmed the company wasn’t for sale.
- Intel (INTC) is tracking above the midpoint of its third-quarter guidance and received a large customer prepay for 18A manufacturing capacity.
For more information, contact Joe Woelfel at [email protected]