Potential Cryptocurrency Scams in Saskatchewan
The Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority of Saskatchewan (FCAA) has warned about potential cryptocurrency scams in the province.
Unregistered Trading Entities
- Online entities TitanTrader and Coins Capital are offering various opportunities to invest in cryptocurrency trading, leveraging, and commodities.
- The FCAA has stated that neither of these entities is registered to trade or sell securities or derivatives in the province.
“If a company is not registered, do not deal with them,” said Dean Murrison with the FCAA. “The registration process has one purpose: protecting Saskatchewan investors. Ensure that your money is safe by always checking registration status before you invest.”
If you have invested in either company or with anyone claiming to act on their behalf, contact the FCAA’s Securities Division at 306-787-5936.
Protect Yourself from Scams
- Always make sure a company is registered to sell before engaging.
- Know what you are investing in.
- Ask for professional advice.
- Do not let anyone remotely access your personal computer.
© 2023 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.