Ripple Adds Four European Institutions to its University Blockchain and Research Initiative
Ripple announced on Monday that it has added four new European institutions to its University Blockchain and Research Initiative (UBRI).
Partner Universities Promoting Blockchain Research and Education
The partner universities will help promote blockchain research and education across the region.
- Ripple’s announcement reveals the addition of the following universities:
- Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)
- EPITA (France)
- IE Madrid (Spain)
- University of Trento (Italy)
- IE Madrid plans to host a three-day workshop with students on virtual asset regulation, related to “applied research, entrepreneurship, and corporate transformation.”
- Ikhlaq Sidhu, Dean at IE University, expressed excitement about the partnership, stating, “We are delighted to partner with Ripple’s University Blockchain Research Initiative to address the future of virtual asset regulation and the technology needed to support it.”
- Ripple has committed $11 million to related partners since 2014 to advance blockchain education and research.
- One of its existing collaborations with a U.K.-based education program focuses on XRPL-related projects while encouraging innovation and adoption of the network.
- Eric van Miltenburg, SVP of Strategic Initiatives at Ripple, believes that Europe is “well positioned” to accelerate blockchain education. He emphasized the importance of equipping the next generation with the knowledge and practical skills needed to build on blockchain technology for real-world utility.
- While European nations are often praised for moving faster on crypto regulation than their American counterparts, the United States still appears far ahead of Europe in terms of investor appetite and adoption.